PERMANENT Social Worker Job in Essex
|Location||Essex, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2018|
Social Workers (All Grades)
|Team||Adults Leaning Disabilities|
Supply Care Solutions are helping an Essex based Local Authority to find a Permanent Social Worker to fill a role within their Adults Learning Disability Team
(Salary: £29,909- £36,153 per annum)
- The successful social worker will undertake Care Act assessments and will support and review adults with a Learning Disability via Self Directed Support with a view to supporting them to achieve greater levels of independence and to achieve agreed outcomes.
- You will have significant support from the Team Manager, 2 Practice Leaders and social work colleagues, many of whom have significant experience of working with adults with a Learning Disability
- Knowledge of the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, self-directed support, Carefirst, NHS Continuing Healthcare and experience of undertaking safeguarding investigations is essential.
You will need to use a strengths-based approach to social work practice and will work closely with all partners across Health and Social Care to ensure that there is effective coordination of interdependence’s including the management of and resolution of risks and other issues that may arise.
You will need to have excellent awareness of self and others and be able to work effectively with a range of staff groups and partners across the system.
Qualified Social Worker Requirements;
- CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
- 1 years post qualifying experience in working within Adults social care
- Must have Learning Disabilities experience
- Current HCPC Registration
- Current Enhanced DBS check
- Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
- Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Benefits of working through Supply Care Solutions are;
Dedicated Consultant Support
Flexible working opportunities
Varied Career Opportunities
For more details on this role please call me on 020 8506 1111 (option 1). Please view our website for more details www.supplycaresolutions.co.uk.