PERMANENT – Fostering Social Worker job in Kent
|Location||Kent, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 8, 2019|
Social Workers (All Grades)
Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Fostering Social Worker for a PERMANENT job in Kent.
Salary: £29,700 – £34,399 pa, dependant on experience.
You will provide quality support to Foster Carers and their families through the effective management of complex cases, assessment of need and to ensure safer care and to drive agreed positive outcomes.
- Provide professional supervision and developmental support, including advice and guidance to fostering families and colleagues from other agencies where appropriate, including being part of an Out of Hours Service (through participation in rota) providing support 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year
- Complete complex assessments of foster carers, making appropriate recommendations, which may require liaison or referral of complex cases to the Team Manager, with a view to ensure outcome focused achievements for children, young people and families.
- Support fostering families to look after children and young people who have experienced trauma and abuse, ensuring they have the skills and knowledge to enable them to undertake this complex task within a family home environment, undertaking fostering reviews, providing high quality, analytical reports and presenting to Panel where appropriate, ensuring that children are receiving the best service possible.
- Be accountable for ensuring statutory compliance in respect of notifications, etc and meet regulatory body requirements at all times re registration.
- Coaching, mentoring and teaching less experienced staff to ensure the provision of a responsive, high quality and customer focused operation to children, young people, their families and partner agencies, deputising for the Team Manager when required.
- Maintain and develop effective working relationships with internal colleagues in the wider organisation and external agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- Attend a range of regular meetings including, home visits for assessment and family support (including outside of office hours) statutory reviews, planning meetings, disruption meetings, etc providing high quality reports, internally and externally, representing Action for Children, demonstrating professionalism and our core values, in terms of approach, advice and positioning.
- Keep abreast of changes in social work practice and to also ensure knowledge and skills are up to date with relevant legislation and thinking re best practice.
- Lead and deliver a range of activities, including training, participation events, recruitment, social activities, support groups for foster carers, adopters and children.
- Ensure all case work and management information is recorded accurately and uploaded within the required timescales. Report and comment on any significant or relevant matters that derive from the reports produced. .Audit and regularly monitor to ensure data it all recorded information meets regulatory requirements and organisational policies and procedures.
- Familiarise and apply with the companies reporting requirements and provide appropriate returns for partner agencies and statutory bodies utilising and maintaining agreed systems to collate and provide data.
Relevant Social Work qualification and active HCPC registration
Desirable skills and experience
Experienced social work professionals with 2 years post qualifying experience, preferably in a similar setting.
For more details please contact us on 0208 506 1111 or apply online.