Locum Social Worker job in North London
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2019|
Social Workers (All Grades)
|Date||ASAP – Ongoing|
|Hours||37 hours p/w|
|Team||Children and Families Team|
Supply Care Solutions are looking for Experienced Social Workers in and around the North London area.
We are looking for an experienced social worker to provide a social work service to children and families arising out of the Council’s duties and powers under legislation and regulations, Council and Departmental policies and procedures.
You must be strong and robust with good written and analytical skills. The appointed social worker will hold a caseload covering a wide range of families with varying levels of need. The appointed worker will be expected to have capacity to complete Child & Family Assessments within the 35 day timeframe, hold Child In Need and Child Protection cases and manage cases in PLO as well as potentially issue care proceedings.
- You will be expected to undertake a range of duties and responsibilities on behalf of the Department specified in the Children Act 1989, Children’s Act 2004, Every Child Matters and such other legislation as is or may be appropriate to work with children and their families. It would be expected that they are able to work in partnership with the children and families allocated to them. In addition to this, the identified worker to work alongside their line manager and reflective group in order to promote the Council’s Systemic Way or Working.
- You will be expected to complete assessments of children to inform the development of appropriate care/protection plans to ensure statutory duties are met and these support the achievement of quality standards and practice development.
- The role involves regular direct work, joint working, home visits and reflective sessions with clients, colleagues and partners.
- You must have substantial experience as a social worker and be able to manage complex cases.
Qualified Social Worker Requirements
- CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
- 2 years post qualifying experience in working with children & families
- Current HCPC Registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
- Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our Locum Social Workers benefit from
- Excellent Rates
- Refer-a-friend scheme*
- Assistance with DBS applications
- Assistance with HCPC registration*
- Dedicated consultant support
- Varied career opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us*Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps