Business Support Officer job in West Midlands
|Location||West Midlands, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 26, 2019|
Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Business Support officer in West Midlands.
You will provide administrative and clerical support to Adult Social Care. The role will involve both supporting social care staff and liaising with domiciliary care at home providers to source packages of care. This will also include working alongside health and supporting in the hospital discharge process.
- Undertake screening of customers and their representatives upon initial contact with the Directorate, collate information and decide an appropriate action within framework of Directorial policies or Government legislation, either face to face or by telephone.
- To respond positively to visitors and callers, upholding the Directorate’s policy on Equal Opportunities. All queries and general contact should be dealt with efficiently, effectively and in a sensitive and caring manner.
- Store, maintain retrieve and supply information using manual and computer systems, ensuring accurate levels of data quality.
- To also undertake a range of computerised housekeeping tasks, including data entry or correction for quality assurance purposes.
- Provide information for other sections of the Directorate that feeds into management information and budget monitoring.
- To ensure that confidentiality and data protection requirements are maintained and adhered to.
- To ensure cash and key handling is carried out efficiently and securely in accordance with appropriate procedures, standing orders and financial regulations.
- Maintain effective working relationships through teamwork, ensuring a customer focused service at all times.
- To respond to telephone and personal enquiries from members of the public, elected Members and colleagues from other Departments of the Council providing a quality customer care service.
- To assist with the co-ordination of meetings: undertaking minutes, typing, agenda compilation, related correspondence and documentation distribution.
- To operate the authorities computer systems after suitable training. This includes future systems as and when implemented and in accordance with the authorities IT strategy.
- To participate in the collation and analysis of data as and when required.
- General typing, filing, diary management, correspondence preparation and general office tasks.
This post is subject to the DBS checking process
Driving Licence will be subject to checks with DVLA. It is also a requirement to have Business Use Insurance and a valid MOT certificate (for cars over 3 years old)
There will be a requirement to work over 7 days to include Bank Holidays and weekends on a rota basis.
Our locum workers benefit from
- Excellent Rates
- Refer-a-friend scheme*
- Assistance with DBS applications
- Dedicated consultant support
- Varied career opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps