Mental Health Nurse Job in Hampshire (band 5)
|Location||Hampshire, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2019|
|Date||ASAP – Ongoing|
Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Band 5, Mental Health Nurse in Hampshire.
We require a Mental Health Nurse to manage and direct nursing care for a designated number of older people and/or older people with mental health problems.
The role requires the following;
- working frequently in unpleasant conditions from smell, noise, dust/body fluids, faeces, vomit and the emptying of bed pans and urinals catheter bags.
- Must be prepared to accept responsibility for the provision of person centred, professional nursing care to residents within older person’s nursing homes.
- This requires specialist knowledge of nursing practice to care specifically for older persons.
- Must be able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care plans for residents and accept responsibility for the accurate documentation and reporting of clinical and non-clinical issues to other team members.
- Must understand and adhere to the NMC Code of Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice at all times.
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of elderly care, rehabilitation and the health and social care agenda.
- Must possess good communication skills with the ability to engage residents/families or care workers in planning, monitoring and asessing the service.
- Must maintain highly developed physical skills where accuracy is required for intravenous injections, syringe pumps and infusions, insertion of urinary catheters and removal of sutures.
- Must be a Registered General Nurse or Registered Mental Nurse.
- Must have a general range of experience of medical, surgical nursing and elderly care.
- Must have a good working knowledge of clinical governance and good clinical skills and the ability to engage successfully with residents, families and carers.
- It would be useful to have basic I.T. skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, must be self motivated and flexible and able to analyse a range of facts and situations e.g. assessment of patients’ condition and suitability for discharge. DBS check required.
- Degree or Equivalent
- 6 months previous UK NHS experience
- Current NMC PIN
- Current Mandatory Training
- Current Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
- Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
- Excellent Rates
- Refer-a-friend scheme*
- Assistance with DBS applications
- Dedicated consultant support
- Varied career opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps