Locum Social Worker job (Older People hospital team in Lancashire)
|Location||Lancashire, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 17, 2019|
Social Workers (All Grades)
|Date||Immediate – Ongoing|
|Team||Older people/Hospital Social worker|
Supply Care Solutions are looking for a locum Social Worker in Lancashire.
Purpose of the Job:
To provide a high quality social work service to Older People, their relatives and carers, through working with Primary Health Care Teams, Hospitals, Social Services staff, other statutory bodies and the Voluntary & Independent Sector.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Social Workers in the Older Peoples Team work in geographical localities and liaise with the G.P’s, District Nurses, Community Psychiatric Nurses and other professional colleagues within their locality and on occasions work across all localities according to the needs of the service.
- To assess the needs of individual Older People and their carers and provide professional social work help and support. This may include arranging appropriate services to meet the needs.
- To work as a member of the Primary Care Liaison Team and to provide appropriate Social Work input to the team.
- Where appropriate to attend multi-disciplinary case conferences and reviews.
- To attend and participate in other meetings/work groups as appropriate or when requested by the Team Manager.
- To assist with Duty system as and when necessary and to undertake back up on a regular basis.
- To liaise with Social Services colleagues to promote co-operation and facilitate working together in order to enable good information and care packages/arrangements to be provided for Older People and their relatives/carers.
- To maintain up to date written records and other documentation in line with Social Services Departmental Policy and WAG Guidance for Fair Access to Care and Unified Assessment.
- To utilise opportunities for training and professional development in consultation with their Line Manager.
Qualified Social Worker Requirements
- CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
- proven post qualifying experience
- Current HCPC Registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
- Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our Locum Social Workers benefit from
- Excellent Rates
- Refer-a-friend scheme*
- Assistance with DBS applications
- Dedicated consultant support
- Varied career opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us*Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps