Locum Social Worker in Buckinghamshire
|Date Posted||December 4, 2017|
Social Workers (All Grades)
|Date||ASAP – Ongoing|
|Team||Children & Family Services – CIN|
Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Locum Social Worker in Buckinghamshire
Children & Family Services – CIN
ASAP – Ongoing
To co-ordinate and deliver a range of social work services to children, young people and their families in the area.
1. Following referral, to establish the service user’s eligibility for assessment and determine the level of assessment required.
2. To work as part of the duty system.
3. To undertake assessments in conjunction with the service user, their parents or carers and other agencies.
4. Together with the service user and/or their parents or carers, to produce a care plan that will meet the needs of the service user and which takes account of policies, guidelines and procedures.
5. Liaise appropriately with Legal Services and represent the Service in court as required.
6. To promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the Children’s Act 1989 criteria, and taking account of other relevant legislation as appropriate.
7. To ensure that the views of children and young people are represented at each stage throughout the process.
8. Work with Social Care managers to ensure that the agreed care plan can be provided within the available resources and budget.
9. To monitor the care being provided to ensure that the needs are continuing to be met and to undertake reviews of the needs and service.
10. To reassess service user’s needs periodically and, where appropriate, to amend the care plan following consultation with the service user and/or their parents or carers.
11. To provide ongoing support and advice to service users and parents or carers.
12. To identify areas of need which cannot be met and to systematically record and report the unmet need to the Manager.
13. To bring to the notice of the Manager any instances of perceived failure of a provider to deliver the agreed level of service.
14. To maintain all necessary records and documentation in line with policies and procedures, and use computerised information systems as appropriate.
15. To assist with the development of standards of practice and training and development activities.
16. To take part in working groups, sub-groups, etc. both within and outside the service.
17. To be aware of the Council’s aims, organisational values and behaviours and their impact on this post.
18. To participate in the Council’s performance management processes.
19. To carry out the duties of the post in accordance with the Council’s diversity policy.
20. To carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of you and any other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate fully with the County Council in health and safety matters
You must have a DipSW or equivalent.
You must be HCPC registered, have previous experience within this field and hold a valid enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call 0208 506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us*Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps