Interim Project SEN Officer job in Leicestershire
|Date Posted||November 9, 2017|
Supply Care Solutions are looking for an Interim Project SEN Officer for an ongoing locum job in Leicestershire. Project Focus: Review of high-cost SEN placements.
Daily rate will be £350 to £400 per day.
Purpose of the role:
- To support the Local Authority (LA) in reviewing all high cost placements to ensure that we are receiving value for money.
- To ensure that children and young people who are placed in independent provision benefit from an ‘active’ review process so that the LA can be confident that their needs are met.
- To enable the LA to amend levels of support and identify clear steps to return children to more localised and in-house provision whenever it may be timely to do so.
- To identify any children/families where there may be opportunities for more effective joint working (and joint funding) with health and social care.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Significant experience of the SEN assessment, planning and review processes and procedures
- Knowledge of part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014 , the SEND reforms
- Experience of working in partnership with schools, settings, parents and young people
- This work will involve providing a professional delivery of the Local Authority’s statutory duties pertaining to Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessments and reviews of EHC plans for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and the potential line management of a small admin team
- Drafting EHC Plans through consideration of assessment advice, in accordance with statutory requirements and local policies. Undertaking any necessary follow up work and negotiations prior to issuing a final plan
- Contributing to making high quality and consistent decisions relating to referrals for EHC needs assessments on the basis of information from schools, parents, health and social care professionals and other professionals, complying with legislation and local guidance.
- Considering, interpreting and analysing assessment advice from parents, children, schools and other agencies in order to decide whether or not to issue an EHC plan
- Analysing and assessing Annual Review recommendations and deciding whether or not to amend an EHC Plan
- Pro-actively managing complex casework including potential representation at SEND Tribunal
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us*Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps